Are you tired of being interrupted by pesky ads while trying to enjoy your favorite Twitch streams on your iPhone? Well, fret no more! In this blog post, we will reveal the ultimate solution to block those annoying ads and reclaim uninterrupted gaming sessions.
Whether you’re a hardcore gamer or just a casual viewer, our step-by-step guide will empower you with the knowledge to effortlessly stop Twitch ads from infiltrating your entertainment time. Say goodbye to distractions and hello to an immersive streaming experience – let’s dive in!
Why you might want to block Twitch ads on your iPhone?
There are several reasons why you might want to block Twitch ads on your iPhone. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Avoiding interruptions during streaming: Twitch ads can be a major source of frustration for viewers, as they can interrupt the flow of their favorite streams and disrupt the viewing experience. This is especially true for mobile users, who may have limited time or data to watch their favorite content.
- Saving data and battery life: Mobile data plans often have limited bandwidth, and streaming video content like Twitch can quickly eat up your data allowance. By blocking ads on Twitch, you can significantly reduce the amount of data that is used while still enjoying your favorite streams. Additionally, ad blockers can also help conserve battery life by preventing unnecessary processing and loading of ads.
- Personal preference: Some people prefer not to see advertisements while browsing online or watching videos. Ad blockers give users more control over their online experience by allowing them to choose what content they want to see.
- Privacy concerns: Many advertisements use tracking cookies to collect user data and personalize ads based on browsing history and other information. By using an ad blocker on your iPhone, you can protect your privacy and prevent companies from collecting your personal information without consent.
- Faster loading times: Ads often increase the loading time of websites and videos, which can be frustrating for mobile users with slower internet connections or limited data plans. By blocking Twitch ads, you can improve page loading times and enjoy a smoother streaming experience overall.
Methods for blocking Twitch ads on iPhone:
Twitch is a popular live streaming platform for gamers, but one major downside of using the mobile app on iPhone is the presence of advertisements.
These ads can disrupt your viewing experience and even drain your data plan if you are not connected to Wi-Fi. Fortunately, there are several methods available for blocking Twitch ads on iPhone. In this section, we will discuss some effective ways to get rid of those pesky ads while watching your favorite streams.
Use Ad Blocking Apps
The most straightforward way to block Twitch ads on iPhone is by using an ad-blocking app. There are various free and paid options available in the App Store that can effectively block all types of advertisements within apps, including Twitch. Some popular ad-blocking apps include Adblock Plus, AdGuard, and Weblock.
To use these apps, download them from the App Store and follow their instructions for setting up the ad-blocker. Once installed, open the app and enable it by toggling on the switch next to its name. You may also need to configure specific settings within the app to block ads specifically on Twitch.
Enable Content Blockers in Safari
Another method to block Twitch ads on iPhone is by enabling content blockers in Safari browser settings. This option works best if you mostly watch streams through the web version of Twitch rather than its mobile app.
To enable content blockers in Safari, go to Settings > Safari > Content Blockers and toggle on any relevant blockers you have downloaded or want to use from the App Store.
Using an ad blocker app
Using an ad blocker app is one of the most effective ways to block Twitch ads on your iPhone. These apps work by filtering out any unwanted advertisements and preventing them from appearing on your device. There are several ad blocker apps available for download on the App Store, but here are some of the best ones that you can use to block Twitch ads on your iPhone.
- Adblock Plus – Adblock Plus is a famous ad-blocking app that has been around for quite some time now. It can effectively block ads not just on Twitch but also on other websites and apps. The app works by creating a filter list based on your browsing history and preferences, which helps in targeting specific types of ads. Adblock Plus is user-friendly and offers customizable options for users who want more control over their ad-blocking experience.
- AdGuard – Another highly recommended ad blocker app for iPhone users is AdGuard. It boasts a robust filtering system that can block all kinds of ads, including banners, pop-ups, video ads, and even social media tracking widgets. AdGuard also has a built-in feature called AdGuard DNS that enables you to set up custom DNS servers specifically designed to block ads at the network level.
- 1Blocker – 1Blocker is an advanced ad-blocking app that offers robust features and customization options for its users. With this app, you can create custom rules to target specific types of ads or trackers that you don’t want to see while browsing Twitch or
Enabling an in-app purchase option
Enabling an in-app purchase option is one of the most effective ways to block Twitch ads on your iPhone. With this method, you can eliminate all types of advertisements, including pre-roll, mid-roll, and banner ads. This feature is available for both the iOS app and the mobile website version of Twitch.
To enable this option, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Twitch app on your iPhone and log into your account.
- Tap on your profile icon located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and tap on “Twitch Prime“.
- If you are a Twitch Prime member, tap on “Learn More” under the “Ad-Free Viewing Experience” section.
- If you are not a Twitch Prime member, tap on “Try Prime” to sign up for a free trial or subscribe to Prime.
- Follow the prompts to complete the subscription process.
Once you have subscribed to Twitch Prime, all advertisements will be automatically removed from your viewing experience. However, it is essential to note that this subscription only works when watching streams through the official app or mobile website.
Another benefit of enabling in-app purchases for ad blocking is that it also supports your favorite streamers by providing them with ad revenue through subscriptions instead of advertisements.
If you encounter any issues with ad-blocking after subscribing to Twitch Prime, make sure that you have enabled ad-free viewing in your settings by following these steps:
Switching to a different browser
If you are constantly bombarded with ads while using Twitch on your iPhone, one solution to consider is switching to a different browser. While the official Twitch app does not allow for ad-blocking, other browsers offer this feature, which can significantly improve your streaming experience.
One popular browser that supports ad-blocking is Firefox. This free and open-source browser allows users to install add-ons such as AdBlock Plus or uBlock Origin, which effectively block ads on all websites, including Twitch. To switch to Firefox on your iPhone, download it from the App Store and make it your default browser by going to Settings > Firefox > Default Browser App.
Another option is Google Chrome, which also supports ad-blocking through the installation of extensions. Similar to Firefox, you can download an ad-blocker extension like AdBlock or Adblock Plus from the Chrome Web Store and enjoy an uninterrupted viewing experience on Twitch.
For those who prefer Safari as their primary browser, there is also an option to block ads through the use of content blockers. These are small applications that work within Safari and filter out advertisements before they even load. Some recommended content blocker apps for iOS include Wipr, 1Blocker X, or AdGuard Pro.
Switching to a different browser may seem like a hassle at first, but it can significantly improve your overall browsing experience by eliminating annoying and disruptive ads on Twitch. Keep in mind that different browsers may have varying levels of effectiveness when it comes to ad-blocking, so be sure to do some research.
Adjusting settings within the Twitch app
Adjusting settings within the Twitch app is another option to block ads on your iPhone while using the platform. This method allows you to customize your ad preferences and potentially reduce the number of ads you see while streaming or watching content.
To adjust these settings, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Twitch app on your iPhone and log into your account.
- Once logged in, tap on the profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- From here, select “Settings” from the menu options that appear.
- In the “Settings” menu, scroll down and tap on “Ads”.
- Here, you will find various options to customize your ad preferences. The first option is “Ad Settings”. By default, this setting is turned on, which means you will see all types of ads, including video, display, and interactive ads. To block all ads completely, toggle off this setting.
- Below “Ad Settings,” you will see a section for “Video Ad Length.” This allows you to set a maximum length for video ads that are shown to you during streams or when browsing content. You can choose between 15 seconds, 30 seconds, or 60 seconds as your preferred maximum length.
- Another helpful feature under “Ads” is “Mature Content Ads”. This setting allows you to control whether or not mature content (such as violence or explicit language) will be shown in ads while using Twitch on your iPhone.