Are you a Twitch moderator looking to keep your channel free from trolls, spammers, and troublemakers? Well, we’ve got the ultimate guide for you! In this blog post, we’ll show you exactly how to check the ban list on Twitch as a mod.
With our step-by-step instructions and handy tips, you’ll be able to effortlessly maintain a positive and engaging chat environment for all your viewers. So let’s dive right in and unlock the secrets of managing bans like a pro on Twitch!
Introduction to Twitch and Moderation
Twitch is a live streaming video platform owned by Amazon. It was introduced in June 2011 as a spin-off of the general-interest streaming platform, Justin.tv.
The site primarily focuses on video game live streaming, including broadcasts of eSports competitions, in addition to creative content, “in real life” streams, and more recently, music broadcasts. Content on the site can either be viewed live or via video on demand.
Twitch has become increasingly popular for people who play video games to share their gaming experience with others online. In particular, it has become a popular way to watch professional gamers play competitively (eSports). Some of the most popular games streamed on Twitch include Fortnite, League of Legends, Dota 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and Overwatch.
Moderation on Twitch is important in order to maintain a positive and welcoming environment for all users. There are a number of different ways to moderate content on Twitch, including using chat bots, setting up moderator roles in your channel, and using AutoMod.
What is a Ban List?
A ban list is a list of users who have been banned from a particular channel or community on Twitch. This can be done by either the channel owner or a moderator.
When a user is banned, they are no longer able to view the chat or participate in it. They may also be unable to join the channel or community.
How To Check the Ban List on Twitch as a Moderator?
As a moderator, you have the ability to check the ban list on Twitch. This is a useful tool if you want to see if a particular user has been banned from the site. To check the ban list, simply follow these steps:
- Log into your Twitch account and navigate to the Moderator Dashboard.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, you will see a section labeled “Bans.”
- Click on this section and you will be able to view all of the users who are currently banned from Twitch.
- If you want more information about a particular user, simply click on their username. This will bring up their profile page where you can see more details about their account.
Different Types of Bans
There are a few different types of bans that can be placed on a Twitch account.
- The first is a channel ban, which prevents the user from accessing any channel on Twitch.
- The second is a chat ban, which prevents the user from chatting in any channel on Twitch.
- The third is a combined ban, which combines both the channel and chat bans. There is a site-wide ban, which prevents the user from accessing any part of Twitch.
How To Add Users to the Ban List?
The ban list is a tool that moderators can use to keep unwanted viewers from participating in a channel’s chat. If you’re a moderator, there may come a time when you need to add someone to the ban list. Here’s how:
- Open up the channel that you moderate and go to the chat window.
- In the bottom left corner of the chat window, you’ll see a settings cog icon. Click on that icon.
- A menu will pop up with various options. Select “Moderation Settings” from this menu.
- On the Moderation Settings page, scroll down until you see the “Ban List” section.
- In the “Username” field, type in the username of the person you want to ban and click on the “Ban” button.
That’s all there is to it! The person you banned will no longer be able to participate in your channel’s chat.
The Benefits of Checking the Ban List Regularly
If you are a moderator on Twitch, it is important to check the ban list regularly. This will allow you to keep track of which users have been banned and for how long. It can also be helpful in identifying patterns of bad behavior.
For example, if you see that a particular user has been banned multiple times, you may want to take a closer look at their activity. Checking the ban list is a simple process and only takes a few minutes.
Checking the ban list on Twitch as a mod is a relatively simple process. All you need to do is log in to your account, navigate to the moderation tab, select the “ban” option and view all of the users that have been banned from your channel.
With this information at hand, you can easily make sure that people who are not welcomed on your channel stay away from it. This will help create an enjoyable viewing experience for everyone in your community and ensure that only those who truly appreciate what you are doing remain engaged with it.